Overview of RAS
Founded in 1986, Research Associates of Syracuse (RAS) provides cutting-edge Electronic Warfare (EW) support to the Pentagon and the US intelligence community. RAS is active in Electronic Support (ES), Electronic Attack (EA), and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) with a concentration in Electronic Intelligence (ELINT). RAS engineers and researchers work in the aforementioned areas supporting multiple DoD EW programs.
Present and past government customers include: the US Air Force, US Army, US Navy, National Security Agency (NSA), National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), US Southern Command, and the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
To download our brochure, please click here.
To download our capabilities overview, please click here.
A summary of core capabilities includes:
- Extensive experience analyzing EW performance for airborne (standoff collection aircraft and some tactical fighter aircraft), naval, and ground-based systems
- Leader in the development, implementation, test, evaluation, and analysis of Specific Emitter Identification (SEI) / Specific Emitter Tracking (SET) algorithms and Specific Emitter Features (SEF) extraction
- Extensive experience designing and developing systems to accurately measure pulse parameters on detected Signals-of-Interest (SOIs)
- Active research to improve techniques for interference mitigation
- Engaged in efforts to detect and measure key characteristics of Low Probability-of-Intercept (LPI) SOIs
- Active research and implementation of advanced signal detection, characterization, and processing algorithms for our defense customers
RAS has vast experience in many contract arrangements as either a prime or subcontractor. For example, RAS has and is currently executing Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs) and a number of Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) programs (Phase I, II, and III efforts), to advance the state-of-the-art in signal detection, characterization, and identification.
Contact us for additional information.